Acetate strips are perfect for making chocolate colours for your cakes.
Great chefs commonly use acetate sheets to put stunning finishing touches on cakes, candies and other desserts. Bakers use the sheets by spreading a thin layer of chocolate or candy onto a sheet, which can then be picked up and moulded into fanciful shapes or placed on baked goods. In this way, chefs can create chocolate cut-outs, wraps and decorations for their pastries. It's even possible to print designs on the acetate and then use them as "transfer sheets" for your desserts.
1. Cut the acetate sheet into shapes that will fit the cakes you're trying to cover. For example, if you have a round cake, you can cut a circle for the top and long strips for the sides.
2. Place the pieces of the acetate sheet flat on the counter on top of a piece of foil or wax paper.
3. Pour a thick layer of melted chocolate or liquid candy on the pieces and use a spatula to spread it evenly onto the acetate sheet. The candy will bleed over the edges onto the foil or wax paper beneath.
4. Leave the sheets to stand to allow the chocolate or candy to set for about five to 10 minutes until it is partially hardened but still very flexible. If you wait too long, the chocolate will become too firm to mould around your cake.
5. Lift each piece of acetate sheet very carefully and press the candy-coated side against your baked goods.
6. Place the entire cake, with the acetate sheets firmly in place, into the refrigerator and wait 30 minutes or until the candy has completely hardened.
7. Peel the acetate sheets off the cake very carefully. The chocolate or candy must stay on your cake while you peel away the acetate sheets and discard them.
Orders placed before 13:00 (GMT) will be dispatched same day.
Free Next Day Delivery on all UK orders over £150 (Ex. Vat), orders below this will be subject to a small order charge of £20.00 (Inc.Vat).
Please note: This only applies to orders up to a certain size, large orders may take up to 5 days to be dispatched.
Orders placed before 13:00 (GMT) will receive a shipping quote and the order will be dispatched once the shipping cost has been paid. Shipping costs will vary depending on the size of the order and the delivery country.
PLEASE NOTE: The minimum order value for international deliveries is £150 (ex. VAT). If the order is below this amount, no shipping options will be available at checkout.
Delivery time varies per country and the delivery services available.
We only accept returns for damaged and faulty items. Please contact your account manager who will organise a refund or replacement.
|Reference||Product Information||1+||10+||20+||Quantity Qty|
|Login to view prices||Login to view prices||Login to view prices||Out of stock | Email me when back in stock|